Cory G. Christiansen, MD
Hip, Joint Replacement & Revision, Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Christiansen is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, hip, knee, sports medicine, and joint replacement. He joined Steindler Orthopedic Clinic in August 2009.
A native of Muscatine, Iowa, Dr. Christiansen graduated summa cum laude from the University of Northern Iowa. He went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and then completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. He completed fellowship training in sports medicine, arthroplasty, and trauma at Tauranga Hospital in Tauranga, New Zealand.
When he's not seeing patients, Dr. Christiansen enjoys gardening, reading, weightlifting, playing volleyball, playing guitar, and participating in family activities.
- Undergraduate Studies: Bachelor of Arts in Biology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Fellowship: General Orthopedics, Tauranga Hospital, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Iowa Orthopaedic Society