Daniel L. Jones, MD
Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Jones is a sports medicine specialist. He was raised in Colorado and attended Mount Mercy College, where he played baseball and majored in biology with a chemistry minor. He attended medical school at Saint Louis University and then completed residency training at the University of Colorado in Denver.
Dr. Jones then completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Massachusetts, where he was trained to identify and manage injuries with the goal of getting people back to their active lifestyles. He also received special training to accurately diagnose and treat acute and chronic injuries with the use of ultrasound. Dr. Jones is board-certified through the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM). Dr. Jones has covered teams of all levels, including high school, NCAA (div I, II & III) and minor league baseball. He is excited to be back in Iowa with his wife, an Iowa native, and his two girls. When not at work, he enjoys playing sports, spending time with friends/family and being outdoors.
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science with a Major in Biology and a Minor in Chemistry, Mount Mercy College, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Residency: Family Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Fellowship: Primary Care Sports Medicine, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
- Board-Certified: American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification: Sports Medicine