John C. Langland, MD
Knee, Shoulder, and Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Langland is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, knee, and sports medicine. He joined Steindler Orthopedic Clinic in 2000.
A native of Ottumwa, Iowa, Dr. Langland received his undergraduate and Doctor of Medicine degrees from The University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, then went on to complete fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopy at University of Cincinnati/The Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio.
When he's not seeing patients, Dr. Langland enjoys downhill skiing, waterskiing, fishing, cycling, air chairing, and assisting as a Boy Scout leader. He is also proud to serve as a team physician for Liberty High School.
- Undergraduate Studies: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, University of Cincinnati/Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Iowa Orthopaedic Society, Iowa Medical Society, Johnson County Medical Society