Our specialty-trained hand and wrist doctors at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hand and wrist injuries and conditions.
Hand Injuries and Conditions
Hand pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis, or of a recent finger injury from an accidental fall, such as a fracture or jam.
The most frequent causes of pain in the hand can be related to a condition that has transpired over time.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hand pain, it may be time to seek medical treatment from a hand doctor.
- Increased hand and arm pain,
- Finger joint pain when carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort in the hand or around the affected joint
- Changes in the surrounding joints—if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your neighboring finger joints may become more mobile than normal
- Your hand, palm, and fingers may feel warm or appear red in color
- Hand numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding in the affected joint—this is caused by damaged cartilage
- Developing cysts on the end joints of your fingers—this is caused by conditions such as arthritis.
Hand Injuries and Conditions
Wrist pain can be the result of a condition that has transpired over time or from overuse injuries like tendonitis (medically referred to as tendinitis), carpal tunnel syndrome, and arthritis, or as the result of an injury from an accidental fall or recent sports injury, such as a fracture or sprain.
In some circumstances, and if not identified early on, conditions such as tendonitis and carpal tunnel may create extreme bone, joint, and tendon discomfort, making wrist surgery a possible treatment option to relieving your wrist pain.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of wrist pain, it may be time to see a wrist doctor before your symptoms worsen.
- Increased joint pain, thumb pain, and tingling or numbness in the hand and forearm
- Swelling or significant bruising in the wrist, around the joint, or over the forearm
- Inability to carry, open, or twist objects
- Difficulty straightening your wrist
At Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, we understand that pain in the hand or wrist can make simple, everyday activities challenging. If you are suffering from hand or wrist pain or have a hand or wrist injury/condition, consult with a hand and wrist surgeon at the Steindler Orthopedic Clinic Hand Center by calling (319) 338-3606.
To schedule an appointment with our neck specialist, please call (319) 338-3606.
Why choose Steindler Orthopedic Clinic?
Steindler Orthopedic Clinic offers exceptional care through and our specialty-trained hand doctors, Dr. Thomas Ebinger and Dr. Brian Wills, are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hand injuries and conditions. Our specialists have the training, expertise, and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition individually to your needs.
To request an appointment online with one of our Steindler Orthopedic Clinic hand doctors, please use the appointment request box or call (319) 338-3606.
Once you have scheduled your appointment with a specialty-trained hand and wrist doctor, please use the links below to obtain our new patient forms and browse through our tips and suggestions on preparing for your appointment.