Austin J. Ramme, MD, PhD
Knee, Shoulder, & Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Ramme is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, knee, and sports medicine. He joined Steindler Orthopedic Clinic in September 2019.
A native of Okauchee, Wisconsin, he received his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Ramme then attended the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine at The University of Iowa for his Doctor of Medicine degree and received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in biomedical engineering at The University of Iowa. Dr. Ramme went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency training at the New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York, New York. Dr. Ramme also completed advanced fellowship training in shoulder surgery and sports medicine at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Ramme enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, and hiking.
- Undergraduate Studies: Bachelor of Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine and Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York
- Fellowship: Shoulder Surgery and Sports Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orthopaedic Research Society