Evan P. Larson, MD
Back, Neck, and Spine Specialist
Dr. Larson is a fellowship-trained spine surgeon who specializes in cervical, thoracic, and lumbar adult degenerative spine conditions.
Fellowship-trained in spine surgery, Dr. Larson specializes in conditions related to the back, neck, and spine. His goal is to safely return our patients to their optimal physical functioning levels, enabling them to enjoy their daily activities. Dr. Larson attended the University of Iowa for his undergraduate degree in Integrative Physiology. He stayed at the University of Iowa to receive his medical degree from the Carver College of Medicine. Dr. Larson completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. He then went to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for fellowship training in spine surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
In his free time, Dr. Larson enjoys spending time with his family and his dog, Henry. He likes running, biking, skiing, working out, and watching the Iowa Hawkeyes. Dr. Larson also enjoys music, both writing it and collecting vinyl records.
- Undergraduate Studies: Bachelor of Science in Integrative Physiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Spine Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Member: Mid-America Orthopaedic Association, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society, American Orthopaedic Association