An X-ray is a simple procedure performed to provide a two-dimensional picture of your body for use as a screening tool to detect and examine causes of many common disorders, such as bone breaks, joint and spine injuries or conditions, and arthritis or osteoporosis.
Scheduling Your X-Ray
To schedule an X-ray, or if you have any questions regarding our X-ray service, please call (319) 338-3606.
Please have the following information available when scheduling your X-ray:
- Referring physician’s orders for the X-ray (these notes contain information explaining why you will be having the X-ray and the indicating the type of examination your doctor is requesting).
- Current insurance information. Steindler Orthopedic Clinic participates with most major insurance companies. We request that you remit any co-pay or deductible at the time of your examination. For your convenience, we will file your claim for you with your insurance carrier at your request.
On the day of your X-ray:
- Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- Prior to your X-ray, you may be asked to remove jewelry, eyeglasses, and any other metal objects, such as loose change, hearing aids, underwire bras, fingernail clippers, etc., that may interfere with the imaging.
- Depending on the area of the body that is being X-rayed, you may be asked to change into a medical gown for the X-ray.
- If you need copies of the X-ray performed in our office, please provide 72 hours notice.