We’re days away from ushering in a new year, and as most, we’re planning on celebrating with our friends and family on New Year’s Eve. Sometimes we get caught up in the excitement of the holiday and forget how to be safe, from attending a holiday party to being on the road.
Whether you’re going out or staying in for New Year’s Eve, follow these safety tips so you can ring in the New Year on a good note.
Tips for Going Out
- If you plan on drinking, don’t drive! Keep the roads safe by designating a driver or calling a cab or friend for a safe ride home.
- Beware of what you’re posting on social media. While its fun to share what you’re doing, you are publicly letting others know that you’re not home.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and belongings. Only carry what you will need in your purse or wallet for the evening, and go out with a friend or a group.
Tips for Staying In
- If you’re hosting, be prepared. Have emergency numbers handy in case something unexpected happens.
- Designate beverages for those attending who are of age and who aren’t. Having different colored glasses or labeling items are a visual way for people to remember which is which.
- Be careful with party favors. If you plan on lighting candles or fireworks, ensure they are in an open area where important things are out of the way to avoid fires. At the end of the night, make certain that all flames are out.
All of us at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic hope you found these safety tips helpful in making your New Year’s Eve one to remember. We wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!