Visit our Hand Center to learn more about surgical treatments for the hand, wrist and elbow.
Hand pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis, or of a recent finger injury from an accidental fall, such as a fracture or jam.
The most frequent causes of pain in the hand can be related to a condition that has transpired over time.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hand pain, it may be time to seek medical treatment from a hand doctor.
- Increased hand and arm pain,
- Finger joint pain when carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort in the hand or around the affected joint
- Changes in the surrounding joints—if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your neighboring finger joints may become more mobile than normal
- Your hand, palm, and fingers may feel warm or appear red in color
- Hand numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding in the affected joint—this is caused by damaged cartilage
- Developing cysts on the end joints of your fingers—this is caused by conditions such as arthritis.
At Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, we understand that pain in the hand can make simple, everyday activities challenging. If you are suffering from hand or finger pain or have a hand injury or condition, consult with a hand surgeon at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic by calling (319) 338-3606.
Why choose Steindler Orthopedic Clinic?
At Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, our specialty-trained hand doctosr are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hand injuries and conditions. Our specialists have the training, expertise, and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition individually to your needs.
To request an appointment online with one of our Steindler Orthopedic Clinic hand doctors, please use the appointment request box or call (319) 338-3606.
Once you have scheduled your appointment with a specialty-trained hand doctor, please use the links below to obtain our new patient forms and browse through our tips and suggestions on preparing for your appointment.