Hip pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, or of a recent hip injury, such as a hip fracture or hip dislocation.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as hip bursitis and hip arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making surgery a credible option for relieving your hip pain.
The most frequent causes for pain in the hip can be related to an orthopedic condition that has emerged over time. Signs and symptoms of hip pain include:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or hip muscle spasms, which may cause fluid accumulation in the hip joint
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip
- Soreness and the feeling of the hip throbbing while sleeping or resting
- Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, you may have a hip condition, such as hip osteoarthritis, hip bursitis, hip arthritis, or an injury like a fractured hip, dislocated hip, hip flexor injury, or labral tear. At Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, we understand that pain in the hip can make everyday tasks difficult.
If you are suffering from hip and joint pain, or have a hip injury or condition, consult with a hip surgeon at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic by calling (319) 338-3606.
Why choose Steindler Orthopedic Clinic?
Our specialty-trained hip doctors at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic have the training, expertise, and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition individually to your needs.
To request an appointment online with a Steindler Orthopedic Clinic hip doctor, please use the appointment request box or call (319) 338-3606.
Once you have scheduled your appointment with one of our specialty-trained hip doctors, please use the links below to obtain our new patient forms and browse through our tips and suggestions on preparing for your appointment.